Google's Sergey Brin has been married to the founder of a legal tech startup since 2018
- Google cofounder Sergey Brin has been married to his girlfriend Nicole Shanahan since 2018, the Chronicle of Philanthropy recently reported.
- Brin, 46, and Shanahan, 34, have been dating since 2015, and have one child together who was born last year.
- Brin was previously married to 23andMe founder Anne Wojcicki, but they finalized their divorce in 2015. They have two children together.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Google cofounder Sergey Brin has reportedly been married since 2018 to his girlfriend of more than three years.
The girlfriend, legal tech founder Nicole Shanahan, revealed they have been married since last year at a recent event to celebrate her $100 million donation to reproductive research, the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported. Shanahan, 34, and Brin, 46, have a baby girl together who was born late last year, according to Page Six.
The couple has been linked together since 2015, when they were seen together at the star-studded wedding for a dating app CEO in Jamaica. That's the same year that Brin and 23andMe founder Anne Wojcicki finalized their divorce after eight years of marriage.
Shanahan's team declined to comment on the matter, while representatives for Brin have not responded to Business Insider's request for comment.
Shanahan is the founder of legal tech company ClearAccessIP and the Bia-Echo Foundation, whose key investment areas include reproductive health. Shanahan pledged in September to give $100 million to various reproductive health and criminal justice programs, and has used the Bio-Echo foundation to launch a research center focused on women's fertility and reproductive health.
In a speech at a lunch last month celebrating the new center's launch, Shanahan shared about her own struggling trying to conceive with Brin, who she said she married in 2018, the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported. Studies have shown the difficulties and risks of getting pregnant after age 35.
Fortunately, Shanahan was able to get pregnant. It's not clear when the couple's child was born, but Shanahan was visibly pregnant at an event in November 2018.
Brin's child with Shanahan is his third. Brin has two children with Wojcicki, his ex-wife. Brin and Wojcicki first got married in 2007, but split in 2013 (although their divorce wasn't legally finalized until 2015).
Brin then reportedly started dating a Google employee named Amanda Rosenberg, who was also in a relationship with another high-level Google executive at the same time. Vanity Fair reported that before Brin and Wojcicki split, Wojcicki had discovered messages between her husband and Rosenberg that "caused her to feel alarm."
Brin and Shanahan's first public appearance as a couple didn't come until the Met Ball in May 2016, when the two reportedly carpooled together to the event with Wojcicki and her boyfriend at the time, baseball player Alex Rodriguez.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World