HBO Max's 'Peacemaker' is a hit, and its creator says there's a 'really good chance' for season 2
- HBO Max's "Peacemaker" is the most in-demand original
streamingseries in the world.
- The show's creator, James Gunn, said that "there's a really good chance" for a second season.
HBO Max's "Peacemaker" is a hit, so it's no surprise that a second season is likely.
The show's creator, James Gunn, recently told Deadline that "there's a really good chance" for season two.
"Peacemaker" — a spinoff of Gunn's "The Suicide Squad" starring John Cena — was the most in-demand original streaming series in the world as of January 22, according to the data firm Parrot Analytics. The company measures audience demand, which reflects the interest in and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a
Gunn also told Deadline that he's working on "another TV show that's connected to that universe," meaning another spinoff of "The Suicide Squad."
"Peacemaker" hasn't just been a hit with viewers. Critics gave it a 94% Rotten Tomatoes score.
"Often, the sheer sight of Peacemaker dancing is good for laughs (and he dances a lot), but Cena's dedication to his character's unfiltered enthusiasm also proves infectious," wrote Indiewire's Ben Travers.
"Peacemaker" reflects the growing momentum for
"The Suicide Squad" isn't the only
Other upcoming DC projects for Max include a "Batgirl" movie and TV shows starring Green Lantern and Justice League Dark.
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India