Joker is getting rave reviews but Hrithik's War has the last laugh at box office
- Joker had the best-ever October debut in the world, grossing ₹2.25 crore within 4 days in India.
- It is also expected to make ₹10 crore.
- However, Bollywood movie War is raking in the big bucks with four day collections hitting ₹123.6 crore.
- It should also be mentioned that Joker was released in 500 screens across the country, while War is released across 4,000.
Joker, Warner Bros’ most awaited movie grossed ₹2.25 crore in India on the fourth day of released. Its total collection now stands ₹10 crore in India.
But, its screen rival and Bollywood movie War is raking in the big bucks with four day collections hitting ₹123.6 crore. The action drama with high-octane sequences is bringing in footfalls, as it also stars two top stars — Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff, and is expected to make as much as ₹250 crore.
It should also be mentioned that Joker was released in 500 screens across the country, while War is released across 4,000.
Best October debut
Globally, Joker’s collections have already hit $234 million, with $140.5 million coming from 73 offshore territories. Over the weekend, Joker grossed $93.5 million globally, making it the best October debut ever. It beat the previous record-holder Venom which earned $80 million on its opening weekend last year.
Joker was made on a budget of $60 million.
“Joaquin Phoenix boldly reinvents Batman's cackling arch-nemesis in Todd Phillips' dark new vision of the supervill… https://t.co/SBhKehmt02— Warner Bros. India (@warnerbrosindia) 1570355577000
However, Joker was criticised for invoking feelings of violence amongst people.
Joker is one of the oldest villains in DC's comics is Batman’s arch rival. This film is based on the origin story of the character which has been evolving since the 1940s. It portrays how a disturbed loner Arthur Fleck, with difficult parentage and childhood ends up a sociopath.
Cursed with the condition that causes him to laugh inappropriately, Fleck lives with his mother, Penny (Frances Conroy). The movie takes us through the many events which cause cracks in his already-fragile psyche.
The Joker Is One Of The Oldest Villains In Comic Book History And Has Undergone Several Iterations Since 1940. Here's How The Character Evolved Over The Years.
- From Maruti S-Cross Petrol and Audi RS7 Sportback to BS6 Honda Civic and Hyundai Tucson Facelift— these are the top upcoming car launches in July
- Brush fire half contained in San Francisco Bay Area
- Goa govt to widen scope of COVID-19 testing as cases rise
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite: S Pen, low price steal the show
- Philippines reports spike in coronavirus cases