Jamie Lee Curtis defends Scarlett Johansson in Disney lawsuit: 'Don't f--k with this mama bear'
- Curtis made it clear she's supporting Johansson in a piece she wrote for Time's 100 Most Influential People.
- "Don't f--k with this mama bear," Curtis wrote of Johansson.
- Johansson sued
Disneyfor breach of contract due to the release of " Black Widow."
The legendary actress penned a piece in Time magazine, which honored the "Black Widow" star for being included in its 100 Most Influential People list for 2021. And Curtis didn't leave out Johansson's recent drama with the studio.
"I recently watched her own the screen as the Black Widow, who exacts revenge on a powerful figure who manipulates (emphasis on man) women to fight for him," Curtis wrote.
"And then I saw her brilliant response to a real-life manipulation (same emphasis), when she filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against the studio, alleging its decision to release the film simultaneously in theaters and on streaming cost her substantial losses in pay."
"Whether as an assassin with a conscience, an actor with an emotional center or, having just given birth to her second child, a fierce mother, the message is clear: Don't f-ck with this mama bear," Curtis concluded in her piece.
Disney responded to Johansson's lawsuit, saying in a statement that the actress has earned $20 million to date for the movie.
Curtis and Johansson have been close since Johansson starred as Curtis' mother, actress Janet Leigh, in the 2012 movie "Hitchcock," the biopic on the legendary director Alfred Hitchcock.
"There's a moment in that movie that startles me, where I look at Scarlett and she is my mother," Curtis wrote for the Time piece.
- Adding money to your Paytm wallet can’t get easier than this
- Best smartwatches under ₹3,000 in India
- Mukesh Ambani & Anil Agarwal lose ₹1.17 lakh crore in a few hours as government slaps two different oil taxes
- OnePlus Nord 2T launch is around the corner – here’s what you can expect
- OnePlus Nord 2T Review — A balanced all rounder at an affordable price