Justin Bieber shared a behind-the-scenes video of himself in his underwear to show how he covered all of his tattoos for the 'Anyone' video
- Justin Bieber released the "Anyone" music video on Friday, in which the singer trains as a boxer alongside Zoey Deutch.
- Bieber covered the tattoos on his arms, legs, neck, torso, and face for the video.
- The "Yummy" singer shared a time-lapse video of himself in his underwear getting the tattoos covered on Instagram on Friday.
- Fans said the clean look reminded them of Bieber's earlier years in the public eye.
Justin Bieber released the music video for his latest single "Anyone" on New Year's Day as he performed the song live for a virtual audience.
The video depicts Bieber training as a boxer alongside Zoey Deutch, who plays the role of his doting partner.
Directed by Collin Tilley, the "Anyone" video has a retro feel, with Deutch and Bieber wearing period clothing and Bieber drinking raw eggs as he trains.
The video's big finish shows Bieber being knocked down during a championship match, but he manages to get back and find the strength to win the competition by thinking of his love for Deutch.
Adding to the old-fashioned feel of the video, Bieber temporarily removed a hallmark of his modern look: his tattoos.
Bieber covered all of the tattoos on his arms, legs, torso, neck, and face for the video.
The "Yummy" singer has over 60 tattoos, according to J-14, so hiding them temporarily made a dramatic difference in his appearance.
The process was also time-consuming, as Bieber later showed his fans.
The singer shared a time-lapse video to Instagram of the tattoos being covered.
"No tats for the #Anyone video," he captioned the post.
He has to stand up at a few points so the makeup artists can reach all of his ink, and they managed to make it seem as if he has nothing on his skin at all.
Fans flocked to the comment section to voice their opinions on his transformation.
"Feels so weird to see you without tattoos," jbiebertracker, a fan account, wrote.
"IT IS LIKE 2020," juzzybieber6 wrote, nodding to Bieber's appearance earlier in his career.
Bieber has been adding to his collection of tattoos for years, and he even explained the meaning behind his neck tattoo of a flower in the YouTube special, "Justin Bieber: Next Chapter," which was released in October 2020.
"I think the thorns symbolize the rough spots in my life," Bieber said of the plant. "The flower is such a representation of beauty."
"I think I'm done on my neck," the singer added. "That's a Hailey request," he said, speaking of his wife, Hailey Rhode Bieber.
- Vivo’s new patent hints at a hinge-less foldable phone with a laser projection keyboard
- Kunal Shah’s CRED has spent $180 million to acquire Happay, a corporate expense manager for Byju’s, OYO and more
- iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
- OTT penetration stands at 27%, Hotstar is the preferred choice for a majority of the OTT viewers: Report
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Qualcomm, Google Cloud partner to upgrade AI models in mobile platforms