Kaley Cuoco emotionally reacts to getting her first-ever Emmy nomination: 'A moment I will never forget'
- Kaley Cuoco called her first-ever Emmy nomination for "The Flight Attendant" "surreal."
- The actress shared two short Instagram clips of herself reacting to the show's nominations.
- "The Flight Attendant" was nominated for a total of nine Emmy awards.
Kaley Cuoco says she'll "never forget" the "surreal" moment she found out about her first-ever Emmy nomination for her performance on "The Flight Attendant."
In an Instagram post after the Emmy nominations were announced on Tuesday, Cuoco acknowledged her status as a "first timer" and thanked the cast and crew behind the critically-acclaimed HBO show, who she lovingly dubbed her "flight crew."
The "Big Bang Theory" star shared two short clips of herself watching the 73rd Primetime Emmy nomination live-stream. In the videos, Cuoco is seen loudly exclaiming "oh my god" while finding out that she had been nominated for best lead actress in a comedy and that "The Flight Attendant" had earned a nod in the best comedy series category as well.
"I have no voice to say how happy I am," Cuoco said reacting to the nominations, as a friend off-screen called the Emmy recognition "amazing."
"I'm so happy right now," a visibly overwhelmed Cuoco added while clapping and cheering from her couch.
"The Flight Attendant," which premiered in November, has earned praise from critics and viewers alike for its fast-paced storytelling and Cuoco's performance.
The eight-part first season of the HBO comedy-thriller focused on Cassie (played by Cuoco), an impulsive flight attendant who struggles with alcoholism, after she accidentally gets involved in an international murder.
Including Cuoco's best-actress nomination, the series earned a total of nine Emmy nods. Rosie Perez, who plays Cassie's coworker and self-proclaimed best friend Megan, also earned a nomination as best supporting actress in a comedy.
Cuoco previously scored a Golden Globe nomination for best actress in a comedy or musical for her performance in "The Flight Attendant," but ultimately lost out to Catherine O'Hara for "Schitt's Creek."
Cuoco is best known for playing Penny on 12 seasons of the CBS comedy "The Big Bang Theory." Although the sitcom was nominated for 55 Primetime Emmys and took home 10 awards during its long run, Cuoco never got a nod for her role on the series - though she did win a People's Choice Award in 2014 and a Critic's Choice Award in 2013.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Meta unveils VR headset 'Quest 3' ahead of Apple’s WWDC event
- May auto sales see Maruti, two-wheelers make a comeback; EVs accelerate
- Employees unpaid but this startup rents a Taj Land's End boardroom for ₹80K a day
- Entrepreneurship dreams? Here is a door to knock for guidance
- Asus ROG Strix Scar 17 2023 review