Keke Palmer announced she's pregnant while delivering her first Saturday Night Live monologue: 'I want to set the record straight'
- Keke Palmer announced she's pregnant with her first child while hosting "Saturday Night Live."
- The actor was in the middle of her first monologue as host of the show when she made the reveal.
The "Nope" actor, 29, was in the middle of delivering her monologue on the SNL stage on Saturday to a live audience when she said that it was high time she addressed rumors circulating online about her having a baby.
"People have been in my comments saying 'Keke's having a baby, Keke's pregnant,'" she said. "And I want to set the record straight—I am!" Palmer subsequently pulled apart her beige blazer top to proudly reveal her baby bump as the audience cheered.
She then joked about how frustrating it was to have rumors spread about herself online that were true. "I was trying so hard to keep it on the down low because I've got a lot of stuff going on. People keep coming up to me saying 'Congratulations!' I'm like, 'Shh, can y'all stop? I've got a liquor sponsorship on the line. Let the check clear, then we can get to the damn baby shower!'"
But overall Palmer appeared ecstatic to share her personal news: "This has been the biggest blessing and I am so excited."
According to Variety, she is expecting her first child with her boyfriend Darius Daulton. Following her SNL performance, Daulton appeared to share several behind-the-scenes photos of the evening on his Instagram stories on Saturday.
One of the images included a photo of Palmer sitting at a dining table cradling her baby bump with the "2023" and a heart written on it.
The couple has been together for more than a year, but tend to keep their relationship away from the public eye. She first confirmed they had gone "Instagram Official" during an appearance on "The Tamron Hall Show" in November 2021, but later deleted all images of Daulton on her social media page, People Magazine reported.
Representatives for Palmer did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI