Sharon Stone said she won't work on movie or TV sets unless all cast and crew are fully vaccinated
- Sharon Stone, 63, said she will not work in acting "until all of our sets are vaccinated."
- Stone said she's "being threatened" that she'll lose an upcoming acting role because of her demand.
- The "Basic Instinct" star isn't the first
celebrityto push for safety protocols on movieand TVsets.
Sharon Stone said that she has been "threatened" that she could lose out on an opportunity to star in an upcoming TV or movie project because she refuses to go on set until the entire cast and crew is vaccinated against
Stone spoke out in support of COVID-19
"I've been offered a job - a good job, a job I really want to do in Atlanta," Stone, 63, said in the video, according to Deadline. "That's why my hair is standing on end … because the Producers Guild of America will not guarantee that everyone on our show is vaccinated before I go to work."
Stone continued in the video, according to Deadline: "Will I go to work before everyone on my show is vaccinated? No. No, I won't."
According to Deadline's report, Stone added in the video that she is "being threatened" that she will lose her job over her demand that every person on set is vaccinated. Stone also called the current conditions on some TV and movie sets "ridiculous," according to Deadline.
She said actors should not "have to go to work where we are not safe to work," Deadline reported.
She concluded the video by saying she will not "work until all of our sets are vaccinated, and you shouldn't either."
Other actors have made similar demands about COVID-19 safety protocols on set. Earlier in July, Sean Penn refused to return to the set of his show, "Gaslit," until the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. In December 2020, Tom Cruise was famously appeared to be heard saying in leaked audio that he would fire "Mission: Impossible 7" crew members if they broke COVID-19 protocols.
Representatives for Stone did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022