The Obamas are producing a Netflix comedy series about the 'chaos' that occurred when Trump came into power
- The Obamas are producing a new comedy series for Netflix based on the chaotic transition of power when Donald Trump became president in 2016.
- "The G Word with Adam Conover" is based on Michael Lewis' book "The Fifth Risk," the rights to which the Obamas bought in 2018, according to Deadline.
- It will be part-documentary, part-comedy sketch, and production is due to begin in early 2021.
- The series is a collaboration between the Obamas' Higher Ground Productions and comedian Adam Conover
Barack and Michelle Obama are set to produce a new Netflix comedy series based on the "chaos", which ensued when Donald Trump became US president in 2016.
Called "The G Word," the series is due to start filming in early 2021 and is based on Michael Lewis' book "The Fifth Risk," the rights to which the Obamas bought in 2018, according to Deadline."The Fifth Risk" is a non-fiction book that examines "the Trump administration's botched presidential transition," as per Goodreads.
Comedian Adam Conover will host the show, tweeting: "Very happy to finally be able to share this news: I'm creating a new comedy series for Netflix about the federal government. It's called The G Word, and I can't wait to share it with you."
—Adam Conover (@adamconover) November 19, 2020The Obamas and their company Higher Ground Productions signed a multimillion dollar deal with Netflix in 2018. The first of their projects, "American Factory,"won the Oscar for best documentary feature in 2020, Business Insider reported.
This isn't the first time Lewis' books have been adapted for screen – he's also the author behind the critically acclaimed "The Big Short" and "Moneyball", among others.Read more:The Obamas' first Netflix release, 'American Factory,' won an Oscar. Here's every other movie and TV show they have in the works.
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine