Tom Holland says he botched his 'Star Wars' audition because he 'couldn't stop laughing' at the person imitating a droid
- In an interview with Backstage,
Tom Hollandsaid that he botched his " Star Wars" audition.
- The actor said that he was auditioning for the role of Finn, which
John Boyegaended up playing.
- Holland said that he couldn't stop laughing at the woman imitating a droid during the audition.
Holland said that he "felt really bad, because she was trying really hard to be a convincing android or drone or whatever they're called. ""I obviously didn't get the part," he said. "That wasn't my best moment."
Boyega was cast in the "Star Wars" franchise in 2014. He made his debut as Finn in "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" the following year. Boyega starred as a stormtrooper (known as FN-2187), who joined the Resistance's efforts to defeat the First Order.The role catapulted Boyega to fame and he reprised the part for "The Last Jedi" (2017) and "The Rise of Skywalker" (2019). But he also repeatedly faced harassment and comments from racists who felt that he shouldn't portray a Stormtrooper. In July 2020, the British actor said that he was done portraying his "Star Wars" character and moved on.
Although Holland's "Star Wars" audition didn't go as he planned, he ended up joining another popular franchise - the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
He landed the role of Spider-Man/Peter Parker in 2015 and made his debut as the character in "Captain America: Civil War." Since then, he's also starred in "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame," plus two standalone "Spider-Man" films.Holland is currently filming his third standalone "Spider-Man"
- International Women’s Day: Take a look at some of the finest achievements by Indian women
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present & Future
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 8
- Karnataka budget 2021-22 to be presented on March 8
- Delhi Budget likely to have special allocation for free COVID vaccination at govt hospitals: Sources