Watch Rihanna star in A$AP Rocky's new music video, which includes a marriage proposal and a wedding
Rihannastars in A$AP Rocky's musicvideo for his new single "D.M.B."
- The real-life couple filmed the video, billed as a "ghetto love tale," in New York City last July.
A$AP Rocky released his new single "D.M.B." on Thursday, alongside a romantic music video that stars his real-life partner Rihanna.
The couple was spotted filming the video in New York City last July. In one scene, the rapper wears a grill that clearly says "Marry me?" while Rihanna wears one that says "I do."
Rocky also removes a red veil from Rihanna's face, reminiscent of a wedding. The couple then walks down a hallway arm-in-arm while people clap and throw flower petals.
The video, written and directed by Rocky himself, is billed as a "ghetto love tale" on his Instagram.
According to press materials distributed to Complex, it sees the couple "depicting true ride-or-die characters in a devoted relationship despite their circumstances."
It's unclear if the events of the video signal a real-life engagement or marriage. Representatives for Rocky and Rihanna did not respond to Insider's request for comment.
The two stars have been close friends and collaborators for nearly a decade. The "Everyday" hitmaker confirmed their romantic relationship in May 2021, calling Rihanna "the one."
Rihanna, 34, is currently pregnant with their first child.
The Fenty Beauty founder told Vogue that she and Rocky, 33, weren't necessarily planning to start a family, "but certainly not planning against it."
"I don't know when I ovulate or any of that type of shit. We just had fun," she said. "And then it was just there on the test. I didn't waste any time. I called him inside and showed him. Then I was in the doctor's office the next morning and our journey began."
- Rishi Sunak says he would rather lose than win on a false promise
- Flood-hit Kerala villages to launch digi-lockers to keep their valuables safe
- UP hospitals to now have dedicated wards for transgenders
- Aviation regulator removes upper and lower limits on airfares
- This startup offers ‘super’ healthy snacks for the price of Lay’s, Kurkure