Fast-food customers are desperately seeking vegetarian and vegan options - here are the chains they're searching for the most
Business Insider/Jessica Tyler
- The fast-food industry is working to win over vegetarian and vegan customers with new meatless menu items.
- Vegetarians and vegans have been searching for plant-based options for years, with thousands of online searches for meatless menu items every month.
- Here are the 10 chains where people are searching for vegetarian and vegan menu items most frequently.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The fast-food industry is finally working to win over vegetarian and vegan customers.Taco Bell is testing a 100% vegetarian menu. Burger King is serving a plant-based Impossible Whopper at more than 50 stores. And, Chipotle recently added vegetarian and vegan items to the menu. Advertisement
Read more: Taco Bell is trying to win over vegetarian diners with a new menu test
There is a growing movement to find meatless options at major chains. Every month, tens of thousands of people search for vegan and vegetarian options, according to search data pulled by marketing trends analytics software, SEMrush.However, some fast-food chains are more likely to engage vegetarians and vegans than others. Here are the top 10 chains that people are searching alongside the keywords "vegetarian" and "vegan."
10. Burger King
6. Dunkin' Donuts
5. Pizza HutAdvertisement
1. Taco BellAdvertisement
- Farm Bills 2020: PM Modi says opposition parties are 'lying' to the farmers
- India Ratings gives the banking sector a 'negative' outlook for the second half of this financial year
- Paytm says your money is safe and the app will be back soon on Play Store
- Paytm app removed from the Google Play Store – big blow to Paytm First Games ahead of the IPL starting tomorrow
- India’s fiscal deficit could hit $200 billion by the end of the financial year