Strong bank loan growth in FY23 despite higher interest rates: Fitch
Fitch forecasts India's real GDP growth at 7 per cent in 2022-23. It said Indian banks generally remain open to additional capital-raising to fund growth, despite the rise in rates.
"Private banks are generally better than state banks at
The rating agency expects greater competition for deposits over time, for example through higher rates on deposit accounts, as banks'
Fitch expects system deposits to grow 11 per cent in the current and next fiscal years, slower than loan growth.
"Increased deposit rates may
S&P cuts India's growth forecast to 7% for FY23
Digital lending platforms see 3x year-on-year rise in disbursals to ₹14,016 crore in Q2 FY23
Popular on BI
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS