Apollo turned to Paul Weiss over and over again. The lucrative client stoked tensions at the law firm and opened it up to criticism about the close relationship, insiders say.
- Over the past decade, private equity giant Apollo has boosted the coffers of
lawfirm Paul Weiss.
- But the cozy relationship has come at a cost, insiders say.
- Insider spoke with dozens of experts to find out how the relationship has changed the law firm.
But there has also been a cost to the cozy relationship, according to interviews with 13 people who have worked in its corporate department over the past decade.
Insider also interviewed several dozen others, including current and former Paul Weiss attorneys, consultants, and recruiters, as well as competitors, to offer an account of how Paul Weiss became so involved in Apollo's business - a relationship one former firm lawyer likened to a plot line in the TV show "Mad Men," when executives at a fictional ad agency scrambled to please its Big Tobacco client, Lucky Strike.
You can read our full story if you're an Insider subscriber:
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range