MEMX's move to Pyth - Griffin calls WFH 'grave mistake' - JPM bans travel for unvaxxed
On the agenda today:
- MEMX just pledged to put its market data on blockchain-based Pyth Network.
- Ken Griffin says WFH is hurting the US - and he wants Biden to do something about it.
- JPMorgan announced a ban on business travel for unvaccinated staff.
Let's get started.
Upstart exchange MEMX just pledged to put its market data on blockchain-based Pyth Network. It's the latest example of
Ken Griffin, the billionaire founder of hedge fund Citadel, said working from home is hurting the country, and that young people are making a "grave mistake" by missing out on professional development opportunities. He also said the nation's leaders, all the way up to the White House, should do something about it.
JPMorgan's US employees who haven't been vaccinated won't be able to travel for work or attend in-person meetings, Bloomberg first reported. Plus, the bank announced it will soon deduct extra pay for COVID-19 tests and health insurance. Here's what you need to know.
Founders who've raised millions all say that the best pitch decks have a few things in common. From establishing credibility to demonstrating growth, here are 10 things that set these pitch decks apart.
We asked our 2021 rising stars about the biggest factors shaking up banking, trading, and investing. They talked about data and AI, new dealmaking tech, and how ESG is transforming their roles. Check out their big predictions.
Bridgewater founder Ray Dalio released a personality test, the PrinciplesUs assessment, that he's used to learn more about his employees - and psychologists say it could help your team work better. See how the test could help coworkers build trust and cohesion.
On our radar:
Fifteen of America's billionaires are under 40 years old. Meet the country's youngest billionaires.
Some credit-card issuers have grown unhappy with Apple Pay fees, WSJ reports. Here's what's going on.
Lux Capital's Deena Shakir has become one of the few Arab American women in VC. She describes her journey to venture.
A law professor made $65,000 selling NFTs of papers he writes in his bathtub. Here's how he set his prices and what he's doing with the money.
Pssst - We're publishing new crosswords through Oct. 8. Solve today's here.
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- VAHAN 2023 Jan report: Here’s which company sold the most, and the least 2-wheeler EVs
- Adani group market cap jumps ₹42,000 crore on Wednesday in Adani Enterprises-led rally
- OnePlus 11 vs OnePlus 11R – price, specs and features compared
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- How to use the new sad face filter on Instagram?