These are the four transformations payments providers must undergo to survive digitization
Rising smartphone penetration, regulations pushing users away from cash, and globalization demanding faster and new ways to transact are leading to a swell in noncash payments, which Business Insider Intelligence expects to grow to 841 billion transactions by 2023.Advertisement
Digitization and crowding in the payments space will force companies that want to emerge atop the ecosystem to undergo four critical digital transformations: diversification, consolidation and collaboration, data protection, and automation. Those that do this effectively, and use these shifts as a means of achieving scale without eroding the user experience, will be in the best position to use ongoing digitization in their payments space to their advantage.In The Future Of Payments 2018, Business Insider Intelligence takes a look at some of the biggest problems digitization and crowding are causing for payments firms, outlines the key transformations players can make going forward to resolve them, and explores areas where firms have already begun to use these transformations to their advantage.
- Maha: NCP corporator from Pimpri Chinchwad dies of COVID-19
- Scientists strike note of caution as 'Made in India' vaccine programme gains momentum
- Goa: Doctor in charge of COVID-19 treatment returns home after 98 days
- Odisha's COVID-19 death toll mounts to 34; virus count rises to 8,601
- WHO team to reach China next week to probe SARS-CoV-2 source