These are the top 10 brands in the world in 2019. Facebook isn't one of them.
- Interbrand, a brand consultancy firm, ranked the world's biggest companies.
- They based the ranking on brand strength now, how the brand wants to improve in the future, and what value does it add to the company.
- Amazon, Google, and Microsoft were some of the leading brands to consumers, while Facebook fell out of the top 10.
- View Markets Insider's homepage for more stories.
Brand image can be a huge factor for companies and their success, often influencing consumer decisions with it.Interbrand, a brand consultancy firm, has ranked the world's brand to see which were the most important in 2019.
The firm then calculated "overall financial return to an organization's investors, or its economic profit," as well as "the ability of the brand to create loyalty and, therefore, sustainable demand and profit into the future."Brands in tech stood out, such as Apple, Google and Amazon, while Spotify and Harley Davidson and were courting less favor with consumers.
Facebook fell out of the top 10 to 14th place and sportswear giant Nike came in at 16th place.Below are the top 10 global brands in 2019.
10. Disney — brand value: $44.3 million
9. McDonald's — brand value: $44.53 millionAdvertisement
8. Mercedes-Benz — brand value: $50.8 million
7. Toyota — brand value: $56.2 millionAdvertisement
6. Samsung — brand value: $61 million
5. Coca-Cola — brand value: $63.4 millionAdvertisement
4. Microsoft — brand value: $108.8 million
3. Amazon — brand value: $125 millionAdvertisement
2. Google — brand value: $167.7 million
1. Apple — brand value: $234.2 millionAdvertisement
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament
- Budget day march to Parliament cancelled by farmer unions
- Sabyasachi sells 51% stake to Aditya Birla Fashion