This is the 19-slide pitch deck two 22-year-olds used to nab $57 million in funding from Silicon Valley
Technology is shattering legacy financial systems that can't keep pace with market demand — and
The company was quietly launched in 2017 by Henrique Dubugras and Pedro Franceschi, two 22-year-old engineers who previously founded Pagar.me, one of Brazil's largest payment processors.
And we caught a glimpse of the Series B pitch deck Dubugras and Franceschi used to win them over.In it, they lay out a clear problem: Technology startups often had trouble securing corporate credit cards — even if they had millions in the bank — because legacy banks and card issuers wanted to see company credit histories, which young institutions simply couldn't produce.
They had a simple solution: Remove the restrictions of legacy technology by giving instant approval to startups based on their available cash balance, including money raised through venture, rather than credit history.In the deck, the founders outlined their plans to help startups of all sizes instantly get cards with higher limits, as well as automatic expense management and seamless integration with existing accounting systems. As part of our coverage of the genesis of today's successful companies, BI Prime received Brex's permission to offer a look into the startup's full 19-slide pitch deck, which includes considerations such as:
- The startup's mission
- Key team members and previous backers
- The size of the market opportunity
- A step-by-step plan of how to solve credit cards for startups
- Some of the card's coolest features
- Data points showing how to scale the business
BI Prime is publishing dozens of stories like this each and every day. Want to get started by reading the full pitch deck?
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time