Warren Buffett spoke with Joe Biden about America's opportunity to 'lead the whole damn world'
Joe Bidensays he and Warren Buffettrecently discussed what they agreed to be America's unrivaled prospects.
- "Just got off the phone with Warren Buffett, talking about how we have position unlike 50, 70, 80 years ago to lead the whole damn world in a way that no one else can," the Democratic presidential nominee told donors, according to Bloomberg.
- "I will bet on America the rest of my life," Buffett, the billionaire investor who is CEO of
Berkshire Hathaway, said at his company's annual meeting in May.
- Buffett hasn't backed Biden for president, despite campaigning for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and tearing into
Donald Trumpat one of her rallies.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Joe Biden spoke with Warren Buffett recently about America's global leadership and potential, the Democratic presidential nominee said during a virtual fundraiser on Wednesday."Just got off the phone with Warren Buffett, talking about how we have position unlike 50, 70, 80 years ago to lead the whole damn world in a way that no one else can," Biden told the group of
"Nothing can stop America when you get right down to it," Buffett said at Berkshire's annual meeting in May. "I will bet on America the rest of my life."Buffett hasn't endorsed Biden, despite supporting Democrats in recent years. He threw fundraisers for Barack Obama in 2011 and campaigned for Hillary Clinton in 2016, once taking the stage at a rally to blast Donald Trump's business career, excuses about his tax returns, and disrespectful treatment of others. Read more: UBS says investors need to diversify away from Big Tech — and shares 3 strategies that will them stay on top of the next phase of the market's recovery
Buffett may have shied away from supporting Biden out of concern that Trump voters would boycott Berkshire's businesses, Yahoo
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days