First-time buyers paid 5.9% more for a house this year
UK house prices increased by 7.0% in the year to October 2015, up from 6.1% in the year to September 2015, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Excluding London and the South East, UK house prices increased by 5.6% in the 12 months to October.
It's bad news for first-time buyers as usual. They paid 5.9% more for a house in October 2015 as they did in the same month in 2014.
The average house price in England hit £300,000 in England, compared with £174,000 in Wales, £196,000 in Scotland and £158,000 in Northern Ireland.
- Zoho is selling its video calling app in as many ways as possible
- Artificial Learning and Machine Learning for Indian brand engagement? Gimme humans, please!
- WhatsApp now lets you turn on disappearing messages for all chats — here’s how to enable it
- RIL, Tata Motors, HCL Tech and PNB among top stocks to watch out for on December 7
- Tega Industries’ IPO allotment status will be announced tomorrow, GMP at ₹360