For startups, no relaxation in procurement norms for certain items
Government agencies may not relax procurement norms for
The government had earlier said that all central ministries and department "may relax" condition of prior turnover and prior experience in public procurement to all startups if they meet quality and technical specifications.
But a doubt had arisen if it makes optional for central ministries and departments to relax the condition of prior experience and turnover in public procurement to startups, said an office memorandum of Expenditure Department.
It said that "normally" for all public procurement, government departments and ministries should ensure that experience and turnover criteria are relaxed.
"However, there may be circumstances (like procurement of items related to public safety, health, critical security operations and equipment) where procuring entities may prefer the vendors to have prior experience rather than giving orders to new entities.
"For such procurements, wherever adequate justification exists, the procuring entities may not relax the criteria of prior experience/ turnover for the startups," the statement said.
India has the third-largest number of startups globally. In January, Prime Minister
In its October monetary policy review, the
- Lionel Messi wants to extend Argentina career and play in 2024 Copa America
- The 10 largest and most magnificent Hindu god statues worldwide
- Red flags for Indian equities emerge after crude oil jumps 30% since June this year
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo vs iQOO Z7 Pro – The phone to consider under ₹25,000
- Jasnil Kumar who works in a garment store becomes KBC 15's second crorepati