Former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi appointed as Amazon board member
- India-born Indra Nooyi has joined Amazon’s board of directors.
- The former
PepsiCohead will take home 549 shares of common stock.
- Nooyi is the second woman of colour and fifth woman on Amazon’s board.
In an official announcement, Amazon said, “We’re thrilled to have elected two new members to our Board of Directors this month. Welcome, Roz Brewer and Indra Nooyi.”
With her new appointment, Nooyi takes home 549 shares of common stock which will be given out in installments from May 2020, says a CNBC report.
AdvertisementAmazon had earlier announced that it was going to make way for diversity and inclusion on their board. The company had adopted the “Rooney Rule” to ensure that women and minorities are represented in its board. The Rooney Rule comes from football which means inclusion of ethnic minorities in the team.
Born in Chennai, Nooyi is a graduate from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and then later went on to study at Yale School of Management. Her journey at PepsiCo started in 1994, where she started off as a Chief Strategist and then soon went on to be PepsiCo’s 5th CEO in 2006.
Nooyi had officially stepped down from her post of Pepsico CEO in October 2018, after holding on to the position for 12 long years. Over her illustrious career, Nooyi has found a mention in almost every other influential or powerful list across the globe.
Since she stepped down from the post, speculations have been rife about where she’s headed next. She was also reportedly approached by Ivanka Trump to be the next World Bank chief.
Indra Nooyi may be the next World Bank chief if she can clear Trump’s loyalty test
Here’s how Indra Nooyi changed PepsiCo in her 12 years as CEO
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp