Fox's Neil Cavuto asks Ben Carson: Does God prefer your plan, or Donald Trump's?
Carson, a Seventh-day Adventist who frequently discusses his faith on the campaign trail, has suggested he would adopt "tithing" across the board, referring to the Biblical system in which one-tenth of a person's income was given to the church.
"You say you are in favor of a tax system, I guess, akin to tithing, sir, with a flat tax rate of up to 15%," Cavuto said. "Because you said, 'If everybody pay this, I think God is a pretty fair guy do tithing is a pretty fair process.'"
"But Donald Trump says that is not fair, that wealthier tax payers should pay a higher rate because it's a fair thing to do," Cavuto added. "So whose plan would God endorse then, doctor? Yours, or Mr. Trump's?"
Carson didn't address the either-or question, but he said his "tithing" argument is based on proportionality.
"Well, when I say 'tithing' I'm talking about the concept of proportionality," Carson said. "Everybody should pay the same proportion of what they make. You make $10 billion, you pay $1 billion. You make $10, you pay $1. You get the same rights and privileges. I don't see how anything gets a whole lot fairer than that."
Carson has said in the past that he would make up a potential revenue gap by cutting spending strategically.
- Markets fall in early trade on weak global trends, FII outflows
- Rupee falls 38 paise to 81.78 against US dollar
- The e-auction closing date of 1,200 gifts given to PM Modi, extended
- Swiss banking giant Credit Suisse fighting for its survival says report
- IAF to induct first batch of indigenously-developed light combat vehicles on Monday
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World