French threw up a nasty surprise
This is below economic forecasts of a 0.5% expansion.Meanwhile, manufacturing production contracted 1.1% year-on-year, much lower than the expected 1.2% rise. It's France's worst industrial contraction since 2014.
Germany's Economy Ministry remained positive, saying the export figures suggested things were looking up:"The industrial sector has overcome its foreign trade related weak phase of the second half of 2015," it said. "The economic trend in the industrial sector is currently pointing upward."
- RBI’s G-SAP 1.0 is certainly a much needed demand lever to support the government borrowing programme
- Elon Musk-owned internet service Starlink’s India entry under scrutiny of DoT, report suggests
- Air conditioner and cooling brand Voltas India eyes double digit growth this summer
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani cumulatively lost nearly $7 billion as the markets plunged
- Dr. Reddy’s, TCS, Bandhan Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 13