FTSE WIPEOUT - Stock market hits 3-year low
Britain's top stock market closed at its lowest level since December 2012 on Monday.
The FTSE 100 closed down 1.32% at 5874,06.
Mining stocks were the biggest fallers, but the big driver was the oil price.
Oil continued to dive on Monday, following a big sell-off on Friday. The FTSE 100 held up relatively well until the US opened. US stocks turning lower spooked the market, leading to a steep late afternoon dive.
Let's hope Tuesday is better.
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know