Future of content is in video streaming. These start ups are proof
AdvertisementTaking a cue from the success of
If reports are to be believed, there are 66 million unique video viewers in India. Of them 1.3 million are OTT paid video subscribers.
Tracxn , an analytics firm has estimated that there are at least 40 new ventures in the space and around $30 million have been invested by venture capital firms. The focus is on short videos as those are easily stream-able and takes less data and time to watch.
Mumbai-based Dekkho provides short videos of 2 to 45 minutes, from 22 content providers. Founder
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years