Future of content is in video streaming. These start ups are proof
Taking a cue from the success of
If reports are to be believed, there are 66 million unique video viewers in India. Of them 1.3 million are OTT paid video subscribers.
Tracxn , an analytics firm has estimated that there are at least 40 new ventures in the space and around $30 million have been invested by venture capital firms. The focus is on short videos as those are easily stream-able and takes less data and time to watch.
Mumbai-based Dekkho provides short videos of 2 to 45 minutes, from 22 content providers. Founder
- WeWork gets a new $1.1 billion cheque from SoftBank while it attempts resurrection – its India franchise is now offering discounts and a global all-access pass
- Supreme Court holds Prashant Bhushan guilty of Contempt of Court — punishment to be announced on August 20
- NASA's Mars Helicopter recharges its batteries for the very first time en route to the Red Planet
- India's COVID-19 cases crosses the 24-lakh mark
- Top stock movers on Dalal Street today — IndiGo, Cipla, Hero MotoCorp, Glenmark Pharma and others