'Game of Thrones' season 8 premiere leaked early on DirecTV Now and fans are losing it
- HBO’s premiere episode of “Game of Thrones” accidentally leaked online early for DirecTV Now customers.
- Customers of DirecTV Now received a notification letting them know the episode was available a full four hours before the 9 p.m. premiere.
- INSIDER has reached out to
HBOabout the early start, and did not receive a statement at the time of this post.
- A representative for AT&T told INSIDER: “Apparently our system was as excited as we are for ‘Game of Thrones’ tonight and gave a few DirecTV Now customers early access to the episode by mistake. When we became aware of the error, we immediately fixed it and we look forward to tuning in this evening.”
HBO‘s final season of “ Game of Thrones” is one of the most hotly anticipated premieres in TV history. The script and plot has been closely guarded, with actors, directors, and crew forced to sign NDAs to keep the season’s secrets safe.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUWell, DirecTV Now accidentally jumped the gun by releasing the first episode a full four hours before the set premiere time of 9 p.m. EST on Sunday, April 14. The subscription service is owned by AT&T and includes HBO channels at a premium rate.
AdvertisementDirecTV Now/INSIDERA screenshot of the episode on DirecTV Now.
DirecTV Now/INSIDER A screenshot of the episode on DirecTV Now.
Customers of DirecTV Now
People quickly noticed on Twitter and began to share screenshots of the episode to confirm.
Game of thrones just posted on Directv Now four hours early. See you in an hour— Desi Vuillaume (@djvuillaume) April 14, 2019
So… DirecTV Now lets you watch Game of Thrones already…— Alex Sikora (@axxl) April 14, 2019
“Apparently our system was as excited as we are for Game of Thrones tonight and gave a few DirecTV Now customers early access to the episode by mistake,” a representative for AT&T told INSIDER. “When we became aware of the error, we immediately fixed it and we look forward to tuning in this evening.”
We won’t include spoilers for the premiere of “Game of Thrones” in this post. DirecTV Now also did not have the title of the premiere episode, which was only called “Ep 1.” The full episode will be on HBO at 9 p.m. EST.
INSIDER has reached out to HBO about the early start, and did not receive a statement at the time of this post.
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech to buy Pune-based digital engineering firm CueLogic
- Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
- Best 43-inch smart LED TVs for small and medium sized rooms
- Moderna's protein-based Covid jab and mRNA vaccine safe for use in children, says university study
- Twitter may now directly be held responsible for every single tweet in India