George Clooney considered playing Marvel's Nick Fury until he saw this unbelievably gory scene
Warning: Unbelievably gory scene below.
Clooney would have been a natural fit for the rakish veteran-turned-spy.
We tracked down a copy of the book, and it sure is gruesome. Here's a lightly censored version: From Marvel's "Fury" (2002).
From Marvel's "Fury" (2002).
At the same time, another Marvel series - "The Ultimates" by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch - was demonstrating just how marketable an Avengers movie could be, including a bold change for their version of Fury from a white man to a black man who looked exactly like Jackson, and the rest is history. Marvel Studios
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns
- US again vetoes UNSC resolution calling for immediate Gaza ceasefire
- Putin praises Modi for his tough policies; says he is 'main guarantor' of steady Russia-India relationship
- "World recognizes that there's no option but to come to India for a large demand": Piyush Goyal
- EU reaches provisional agreement on landmark AI Act, a global first