Good news! Your IT grievances will now be solved in 2 months
Indian taxpayers facing unfair tax scrutiny can now expect to get their grievances sorted within just two months.
The Finance Ministry has asked the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to create local committees to sort these important issues within two months period.
These committees are expected to become functional across the country from next month.
"The CBDT has asked the taxman to constitute these committees in all the Principal Chief Commissioner ranges of the country. It is expected these will begin functioning from the middle of next month," a senior official said.
"The committee would ascertain whether the addition made in assessment order are not backed by any sound reason or logic, the provisions of law have grossly been mis-interpreted or obvious or well-established facts on records have outrightly been ignored. The committee would also take into consideration whether the principles of natural justice have been followed by the assessing officer", he informed.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months