Harvard Names New CEO To Manage World's Largest University Endowment
Incoming president and CEO Stephen Blyth is currently a HMC managing director and head of public markets, as well as a statistics professor at Harvard University. Starting on January 1, 2015, Blyth will be in charge of managing the university's endowment, which at $36.4 billion is the largest in the world.
Harvard's press release notes that in Blyth's current role he is "responsible for investments in public equity, credit, and fixed-income markets, accounting for roughly 40% of the endowment and other assets that HMC invests through its hybrid model of internal and external management."
HMC reported a 15.4% investment return for FY14 on Tuesday. While a .8% beat over internal projects, Harvard's returns were still outpaced by peer institutions such as MIT, Yale, and Dartmouth, which each saw returns over 19% for the year.
According to The Crimson, "In his role as a professor, Blyth has taught Statistics 123: 'Applied Quantitative Finance,' a popular undergraduate course within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, since 2009, and was awarded the Alpha Iota Prize for Excellence in Teaching in 2013."
Before joining HMC in 2006, Blyth was Managing Director and head of the Global Rates proprietary trading group for Deutsche Bank's London office, according to his HMC biography. He will replace outgoing CEO Jane Mendillo, who announced her retirement in June after eight years leading the HMC.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons