Here are the 10 most famous cars in movie history
- A car is not usually the first thing that comes to mind when you think "movie star," but there are a select few that have become Hollywood legends.
- Batman simply wouldn't be the same without his Batmobile. Neither would James Bond without his 1964 Aston Martin DB5.
- Here's a look at our list of the 10 most famous movie cars of all time.
While cars are rarely the stars of movies, except perhaps in the Pixar film "Cars," motor vehicles often play critical roles in films. James Bond's globe-trotting adventures would be a lot less exciting without his fleet of heavily armed and armored cars prepared by Q. And the Caped Crusader would be considerably less impressive if he had to spend all his time running around on foot.
Steve McQueen's "Bullitt" wouldn't have been nearly as memorable without the now-iconic car chase featuring a menacing Dodge Charger on the hunt for the hero's 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback.
The cars on this list so greatly enhanced the films in which they were featured that they transcend the individual movie, becoming part of the greater cultural landscape.
Certain star cars like General Lee from "The Dukes of Hazzard," KITT from Knightrider, and the A-Team van were left off the list. Even though many of them have taken their turn on the big screen, their fame is mostly centered around their time on TV.
Without further ado, here is our list of the most iconic cars in cinematic history:
Get the latest Ford stock price here.
10. 1963 Volkswagen Beetle Herbie
9. 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance Ecto-1
8. Lotus Esprit S1 Wet Nellie
7. 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Pursuit Special
6. 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder
5. 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
4. 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
3. DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine
2. James Bond's 1964 Aston Martin DB5
1. The Batmobile
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data
- Bharti Airtel’s cash flows will grow for 2 years after 5G spectrum purchases too: Moody’s