Here are the differences between Apple's original AirPods and the new AirPods
- Apple quietly announced its new generation of AirPods, which come with a few differences over the original AirPods that were released in December 2016.
- The majority of differences are general improvements in functionality.
- There's also a new charging case option that can charge wirelessly.
Apple released its new generation of AirPods on Wednesday, and they sure look a lot like the original AirPods that Apple released back in December 2016.
But the exterior is where the similarities end with Apple's new AirPods, as Apple added some new innards that add general improvements.
There's also a new option for a wireless charging case that can charge wirelessly with a Qi wireless charging pad.
Apple made its new AirPods immediately available to buy from its website, and they'll be hitting store shelves next week.
Check out the differences between the original AirPods and the new 2019 AirPods:
Design — they're exactly the same
The new charging case also looks identical to the original AirPods charging case.
The new AirPods have better performance, 50% more talktime, faster connect times, and hands-free Siri.
The new AirPods can be bought with either a wireless charging case or a non-wireless charging case.
The new AirPods with the wireless charging case cost $200 — $40 more than the originals.
But you can buy the new AirPods with new Apple's H1 chip with the non-wireless charging case for the original $160 price.
You can also buy a wireless charging case on its own for your original AirPods for $80.
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey