Here are the most important upcoming dates related to the government shutdown
- The partial government shutdown has become the longest in United States history.
- Nearly 800,000 federal workers are furloughed or going without pay.
- The government shutdown affects other areas of the US economy, not just federal workers.
As the partial government shutdown continues with what appears to be no end in sight, the effects are beginning to take a toll on citizens and the economy. The 800,000 federal workers going without paychecks are hit the hardest, while other areas of the United States economy prepares to feel the impact.Here are some of the key upcoming dates that could be affected by the shutdown.Advertisement
January 20: Deadline for food stamp payments
January 22: House votes on funding billsAdvertisement
January 25: Federal workers will miss another paycheck
January 25: Federal courts start to run out of fundsAdvertisement
January 29: The State of the Union
January 28: Americans can begin to file taxesAdvertisement
January 30: United States GDP report
March 1: Trade war deadlineAdvertisement
- Criminal: UK, London Confidential and other thriller movies that you can watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Zee 5
- Salary of MPs and ministers to be slashed 30% to meet COVID-19 'exigencies'
- How to install the Paytm app on Xiaomi, Samsung and other phones
- Angel Broking IPO set to open on September 22 — price band fixed at ₹305 to 306
- Farm Bills 2020: PM Modi says opposition parties are 'lying' to the farmers