Here are the top cities in India where job seekers are relocating
As digital and technical skills continue to dominate the job market in India, relocating to other cities has become a necessity among India’s working-age population.
According to a recent report titled ‘India Workforce Report,’ by LinkedIn, which analysed the industry hiring trends in India, National Capital Region including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida has emerged as the top city for taking up jobs.
Bangalore and Hyderabad came second and third respectively.
The report also highlighted technical and programming skills including coding and software skills, as the leading skills in Bengaluru. While management was noted as the most sought-after skill in Delhi and Mumbai.
"Hyderabad is amongst the top three cities attracting talent, preceding Mumbai at number four. The broader goal is to use these insights to inform policy-making in the skills, education and employment sectors,” said Mahesh Narayanan, Country Manager, India, LinkedIn. “Healthcare emerged among the top 5 industries in five cities, including Mumbai and Hyderabad,” he added.
In India, about half of the professionals who switched cities for jobs, moved to:
NCR (Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah