Here's How You Should Start Every Workday
However, putting off dealing with something simply because it's unpleasant is the worst thing you can do, says Laura Hopes, a team leader at Cox Purtell Staffing Services, in a recent LinkedIn post.
In fact, Hopes suggests you conquer your most dreaded conversations and assignments first thing in the morning. "Tackling our problems straight-on nips things in the bud before they start to take on a personality of their own," she says. "It enables us to see clearly and rectify what needs to be rectified."
Once you've dealt with the most stressful items on your to-do list, they won't be hanging over you for the rest of the day, allowing you to focus on more important tasks without extra stress growing in the back of your mind. "It frees up our busy little heads from thinking 'what if what if what if' to be able to concentrate on the other things we need to do," Hopes explains.
She also found that conquering daunting tasks head-on strips them of their intimidation factor. "It most likely isn't as bad as you think," she says. "But you don't know until you pick up the phone and call." Even if the phone call is less-than-fun to make, at least it's over and done with.
Letting problems at work fester only allows them to generate more and more unnecessary stress. Tackle them first thing, and your day will instantly open up.
Click here to read the full LinkedIn post.
Want your business advice featured in Instant MBA? Submit your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, your job title, and a photo of yourself in your email.
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days