Here's what it was like to be Mansa Musa, thought to be the richest person in history
African King Musa Keita I is thought to be the richest person of all time - "richer than anyone could describe," reports Time.
Literally. His fortune was incomprehensible, Time's Jacob Davidson writes: "There's really no way to put an accurate number on his wealth."
He ruled the Mali Empire in the 14th century and his land was laden with lucrative natural resources, most notably gold.
"His vast wealth was only one piece of his rich legacy," reports Jessica Smith in a TED-Ed original lesson. Read on to learn more about the legendary king and see what it was really like to be the richest person in history:
- A new Star Trek NFT is stored on the DNA of bacteria, and there are billions of copies already
- Best 2K ultrawide monitors for gaming and streaming
- Best budget smartphones for gaming
- Best gaming keyboards with macro keys
- Best ergonomic mice for long working hours