Home Depot employees share 10 insider facts many shoppers don't know
Joe Raedle / Getty Images
- Home Depot store associates know all about how the home improvement retailer operates.
- Home Depot currently employees over 400,000 associates at 2,284 stores in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Associates have taken to the web to share more about the employee experience and opportunities for savings at the chain.
A Home Depot associate who's worked at the store for almost a year told Business Insider that their best advice for shoppers was to check to see that you really need what you're buying.
"Measure, count, and be realistic of what your needs are," the associate told Business Insider. "Ask an associate if you need to. We are there to help, and have backgrounds in many fields."
According to the company's website, Home Depot currently employees over 400,000 associates at 2,284 stores in North America.
Here are other tips and insights from Home Depot associates:
You can't just show up with your driver's license if you want to rent a truck from the store
Home Depot associates don't get an in-store employee discount...Advertisement
... but they can surprise shoppers with unexpected discounts
Associates also don't get commissionAdvertisement
Associates can be fired for confronting shoplifters
Some Home Depot locations may accept competitors' couponsAdvertisement
Associates will sometimes rig up a project for you in the store
Home Depot has a pretty generous 90-day return policy — so hold onto your receiptsAdvertisement
Home Depot gets much of its wood from the same mills as Lowe's and Ace Hardware
Home Depot associates spend much of the day on their feet — so proper footwear is a mustAdvertisement
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar