The best crochet hooks and accessories you can buy
- Crochet is the process of creating designs by knotting yarn using a simple hook. You can crochet all sorts of items, like pillows, blankets, sweaters, costumes, and scarves and hats.
- Even though crochet is usually easier to learn than knitting, having the best hooks and accessories will give you better results.
- Start with the best hooks and tools like the Lewhoo Ergonomic Crochet Hooks, Storage Bag, and Accessory Tools and then gather a few more accessories for years of creative yarn work.
My first attempt at creating handcrafted accessories from yarn was when I was 9 years old. I was attempting to knit and was woefully unsuccessful. Fortunately, I had grandmothers who crocheted blankets, lace, hats, and scarves like machines. They taught me to crochet, and I was hooked.
Through the years, I've made pillows, blankets, sweaters, Halloween costumes, and enough scarves and hats to keep a small city warm. While I did eventually conquer knitting, I still love to crochet because, for me, it is more simple and moves along more quickly.
I started my crochet "career" with just some yarn and a metal hook. With some experience, I've found that in addition to yarn and a hook there are crochet tools and accessories that make my crafting time more pleasurable and improve my final results.
I learned through experimentation that I prefer metal hooks over plastic, bamboo, or wood. The yarn glides over the metal hook much more easily. I also discovered ergonomically designed hooks that have a thicker handle. These are wonderful for preventing muscle strain and cramping if you have a long TV-binge-watching-crochet session.
In addition to the tools we're recommending today, there are others that you may also find helpful. I keep compression gloves in my yarn bag to support sore hand muscles. When I am starting a project using expensive yarn that I hope becomes an heirloom, a yarn swift, ball winder to turn skeins into easy-to-use balls of yarn, and yarn bowl are vital. I am always looking for the most effective, easiest to use, and best value products for myself and to recommend to others.
Read on in the slides below to discover our top picks for crochet hooks and accessories for both experienced and beginning crocheters.
Here are the best crochet hooks and accessories you can buy:
- Best crochet hooks: Lewhoo Ergonomic Crochet Hooks, Accessory Tools, and Organizer
- Best crochet tote bag: Teamoy Yarn Organizer Bag
- Best knitting stitch counter: Horsky Tally Counter
- Best yarn snips: Fiskars Ultra-Sharp Thread Snips
- Best crochet blocking boards: KnitIQ Blocking Mats
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera