How much a Big Mac costs around the world
- The McDonald's Big Mac is well-known around the world.
- In a global cost of living analysis, UBS compared the price of a Big Mac hamburger in 11 major cities.
- The most expensive city on the list is Zurich, Switzerland, where a Big Mac costs $6.89 USD.
And perhaps no menu item is more famous (or beloved) than the Big Mac: "two 100% pure beef patties and Big Mac sauce sandwiched between a sesame seed bun," with American cheese, lettuce, onions and pickles, as described by McDonald's.
In the 2018 "Cost of living in cities around the world" report, UBS looked at the price points for 128 goods and services in 77 cities worldwide, including everything from a haircut in Zurich to an iPhone X in Kiev. In a story based on its data, UBS broke down the prices of six "millennial must-haves" (avocados make the list) in 11 major cities - and one of those must-haves is a Big Mac.
Below, see how much it costs to buy a Big Mac in some of the world's biggest cities, from Moscow ($2.29) to Zurich ($6.89). All prices listed are in USD.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World