How one Epstein victim was said to be recruited from Mar-a-Lago, and all the other connections between the accused sex trafficker and Trump's Palm Beach resort
Davidoff Studios/Getty Images, Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Although President Donald Trump has denied having a serious friendship with the late Jeffrey Epstein, the financier definitely spent time at the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, where the two wealthy men lived nearby each other.
- A prominent Epstein victim, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, says his ex-girlfriend and alleged "madam," Ghislaine Maxwell, recruited her into Epstein's sex trafficking operation when she worked as a locker room attendant at Mar-a-Lago in 1999, when she was 15.
- Trump and Epstein were filmed by NBC News in a now widely-distributed clip from a 1992 party at Mar-a-Lago, featuring the two and a number of women, some of whom were NFL cheerleaders.
- The president claims he banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago for making unwanted sexual advances toward young women, but The New York Times reported that their falling-out may have been due to a real estate battle for a Palm Beach property that Trump won.
- Here are all the connections between Epstein and the 'Southern White House.'
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In two of the few photos of the late Jeffrey Epstein, he's at Mar-a-Lago with President Donald Trump. In one, the president has his arm draped casually over the wealthy financier's shoulder. In the other, future First Lady Melania Trump and Epstein's alleged "madam" Ghislaine Maxwell join them.Both Epstein and Trump owned properties in Palm Beach, Florida, and in Manhattan. They both controlled vast assets. And they both, by the latter's own admission, loved "beautiful women." Advertisement
Since Epstein's arrest in June on federal charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy, Trump has worked to distance himself from the convicted sex offender. In a sharp contrast from his 2002 comments, in which the president said he'd known Epstein for 15 years and thought he was a "terrific guy," Trump now says he "wasn't a fan" and had a falling-out with the financier some time around 2004. to recruit her into his sex-trafficking operation.
Along with Epstein's victim's account, here are all the known connections between the accused sex trafficker and Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.
Epstein was rarely caught on camera, but was captured partying at Mar-a-Lago with Trump twice.
Reports also suggest that Trump and Epstein hosted private parties for themselves and "beautiful women" at Mar-a-Lago more than once.Advertisement
One of Epstein's accusers, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, says she was recruited by his alleged "madam" directly from Mar-a-Lago.
The number for Mar-a-Lago is written in Epstein's "Black Book."Advertisement
A spokesperson for Trump said in 2015 that Epstein would go to Mar-a-Lago "on occasion."
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded – analysts suggest a bull run could be in the offing
- India’s largest packaging company Uflex partners with IIT-Delhi to develop PPE kits—shares soar 9%
- 100 online courses from Coursera are $0 now through May 31 - here's a list of all the classes open for free enrollment
- 195 healthcare workers at AIIMS tested positive for COVID-19 so far
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank raises Rs 62 cr