How paid vacation time is different around the world
- Taking vacation time can help keep your productivity levels high and reduce stress from the daily demands of a full-time job.
- Some countries, like Brazil, are entitled to 30 days a year of paid annual leave, while others like Singapore average seven to 10 annual vacation days.
- Here's a roundup of how vacation time varies in 15 countries around the world.
It's summertime, and the living is easy - depending on where you live and work, that is. Many people (in the northern hemisphere, at least) have vacation on the brain right now, but if you don't have paid time off to burn, you might be stuck in the deep freeze of your air-conditioned office.
Countries across the world vary significantly when it comes to the amount of paid vacation days that workers receive according to official labor laws. Read on for how 15 nations vary in their approach to paid annual leave - including the good old USA.
These numbers apply to full-time workers unless otherwise noted and are minimum amounts as dictated by the government. Employers can increase annual leave amounts at their discretion.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Indian financial system steadily maturing, as it moves away from being bank-led to a hybrid one, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics
- This Indian chef says he is making his entire month's salary from one Instagram video but for him it’s just a tool