How to add contacts to your iPhone in 3 different ways
- You can add contacts to your iPhone so you can easily get in touch with specific people in the future.
- The iPhone's contacts feature allows you to store phone numbers, email addresses, and even mailing addresses, along with a host of other information.
- You can save up to 50,000 contacts on your iPhone using iCloud.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Gone are the days of having to remember the contact information of the people you talk to most.While you used to have to write down phone numbers and mailing addresses, or memorize them by heart, the ubiquity of smartphones means keeping contact information for your friends and family has never been easier. This is especially the case on the iPhone. Advertisement
If you want to add contacts to your iPhone, there are several ways of going about it - you can manually add the info via the Contacts app, or directly from text message conversations or call logs. Here's what you need to know about each method.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add contacts to an iPhone via the Contacts app
1. On your iPhone's home screen, tap the Contacts app icon, which appears as an address book with the greyed-out shapes of a man and woman. Alternatively, you can open the Phone app - a green icon with a white phone on it - and tap the Contacts icon on the bottom toolbar.2. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, tap the + button to add a new contact.
3. Type the first and last name of the contact you wish to add, and fill in any relevant fields, such as their phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday, website URL, and more. Note that you must complete at least one of these fields in order to save the contact. You can also add a picture by tapping the "add photo" icon in the top-left.
How to add contacts to an iPhone via a text message
1. Open the text message from the person you wish to add to your contacts.
2. Tap their number at the top of the screen.3. In the menu that appears just below the phone number, tap the "info" button. Advertisement
4. On the Details screen that opens, tap the arrow to the right of the field displaying the phone number. This will launch a blank contact screen.
6. Tap "Done" to finish adding the contact.
How to add contacts to an iPhone via your recent call logs1. Open the Phone app - a green icon with a white phone on it - and tap the Recents icon on the bottom toolbar.Advertisement
2. Under the Recents tab, tap the information option to the right of the phone number you want to add as a contact. This appears as a lowercase i in a circle.3. On the blank contact screen which appears, tap "Add New Contact."
4. Fill in the name of the contact as you'd like it to appear in your phone, as well as any other relevant info, such as website URL, email address, etc.
5. Press "Done" to finish adding the contact.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry