I toured the most expensive condo for sale in Miami, a $48 million 'mansion in the sky' with a 6,000-square-foot private terrace and a pool. Take a look inside the 3-story penthouse.
Katie Warren/Business Insider
- The most expensive condo for sale in Miami-Dade County is a $48 million triplex penthouse in Miami Beach.
- The 11,031-square-foot condo occupies three floors at the top of the 42-story Continuum tower in the South of Fifth neighborhood.
- The "mansion in the sky," as Douglas Elliman calls it, has seven bedrooms, a 6,091-square-foot private terrace with a pool, and a screening room.
- It also comes with 10 parking spaces, a beach cabana, and a separate guest apartment on a lower floor.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On a recent trip to Miami, I got an exclusive tour of a $48 million three-story penthouse in Miami Beach.Advertisement
It's the most expensive condo for sale in Miami-Dade County, according to Zillow and Trulia.
The 11,031-square-foot condo, which sits at the top of the 42-story Continuum tower in the South of Fifth neighborhood, is the personal penthouse of real-estate developer Ian Bruce Eichner, founder of the Continuum Company, which built the 42-story tower.The seven-bedroom luxury apartment includes a 6,091-square-foot private terrace with a pool. It also comes with 10 parking spaces, a beach cabana, and a separate guest apartment on a lower floor.
Eloy Carmenate and Mick Duchon of Douglas Elliman are the listing agents.Here's a look inside the lavish, $48 million penthouse.
Continuum is a 42-story luxury tower at the southern tip of Miami Beach in Florida.
The tower's three-story penthouse is the most expensive condo for sale in Miami-Dade County at $48 million.Advertisement
I got a tour of the penthouse on a recent trip to Miami with Douglas Elliman Real Estate. We took the elevator up to the top of the tower, where we stepped into the private grand entryway of the triplex penthouse.
The first room I saw was the expansive master suite.Advertisement
Wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows filled the room with sunlight and made for beautiful views of the ocean stretching to the east.
A private terrace overlooks South Beach and downtown Miami ...Advertisement
... as well as Fisher Island, the richest zip code in the US, where the average income is $2.2 million and the beaches have sand imported from the Bahamas.
To the east is the seemingly endless blue of the Atlantic Ocean.Advertisement
I stepped into the master bathroom, which features marble floors, double vanities, and large mirrors that reflect the Florida sunshine.
A marble soaking tub overlooks the ocean.Advertisement
The bathroom also has a walk-in double shower and its own small terrace.
Next, I got a look at the screening room, which is decorated with several plush couches and chairs.Advertisement
Then I peeked into some of the penthouse's other bedrooms.
Each of the seven bedrooms has floor-to-ceiling windows and jaw-dropping views.Advertisement
This one opens up to the same long terrace that connects to the master suite.
The light-filled living room is decorated in neutral tones with black and gold accents.Advertisement
The formal dining room stuck to the white-and-marble theme.
The eat-in kitchen has stainless steel appliances and marble countertops to match the floors ...Advertisement
... as well as three ovens and a built-in Espresso machine.
I stepped out onto the penthouse's main terrace and was blown away by its size.Advertisement
The 6,091-square-foot outdoor space was empty during my tour, but I could imagine it fitting a BBQ area, an outdoor bar, and several spots for outdoor dining and lounging.
And finally, there's the private pool, which sits on the level above the main terrace and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.Advertisement
- Tamil Nadu SSLC class 10 board exam result announced
- India allows overseas citizens to return via international flights - Here’s all you need to know
- Best monitors for a seamless work and entertainment experience at home
- To resonate with consumers, brands need to cater to the growing need of hygiene and holistic well-being: Mark Leadercramer, Mintel
- WhatsApp to soon allow its users to sync their chat history on atleast 4 devices