51 fresh COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, total 712
Two intern doctors at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) were found to be COVID-19 positive, health officials said, adding that they had a recent travel history.
According to the bulletin, 499 of the total number of cases are migrant workers who recently returned to the state.Jharkhand has 411 active cases at present, while 320 people have been discharged from various hospitals following recovery, it said. Advertisement
Five persons have so far died of the disease in Jharkhand.
Most of the active cases are in East Singhbhum district (115), followed by Dhanbad (51), Hazaribag (42), Ramgarh (25) and Gumla (22), the bulletin said.The other districts with active cases are Koderma (19), Ranchi (17), West Singhbhum (14), Simdega (14), Garhwa (13), Giridih (nine), Bokaro (seven), Pakur (five), Khunti (five), Seraikela (four), Lohardaga (four), Sahibganj (three), Latehar (three) and Palamau (two).
A total of 5,415 people, who returned to the state recently, are under surveillance and asymptomatic, while 4,084 have completed the 28-day observation period.While 91,765 people are in various quarantine centres, 2,91,828 people are in home quarantine, the bulletin said. The recovery rate of COVID-19 patients is 44.94 per cent in Jharkhand and the mortality rate is 0.7 per cent, it added. PVR SOM RC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Kia Sonet SUV launched in India at ₹6.71 lakh— Here’s all you need to know about its features, design and competition
- COVID-19 patients are facing heart-related issues after recovery
- Australia's controversial Adani coal mine says it has proved environmentalists wrong by creating over 1,500 jobs
- After Dr Reddy’s Lab, Zydus Cadila is reportedly in talks with Russia for its COVID-19 vaccine despite concerns over its safety
- Best 5 star air conditioners in India