Biggest spike of 208 COVID-19 cases in Bengal; death toll 200
Three people -- two in Kolkata and one in Howrah -- have succumbed to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), raising the death toll due to the pandemic to 200, the department said.
Of the 208 more people who tested positive for COVID-19, 52 were in Kolkata and 48 in Howrah. There are 2,056 active cases in Bengal, while the total has risen to 3,667, according to the bulletin.
At least 58 more people have been discharged following recovery, taking number recoveries in the state to 1,339, it said.
As many as 9,216 samples were tested in the last 24 hours and it took the total number to tests to 1,38,824, the bulletin said.Earlier, the government had attributed the death of 72 coronavirus patients to comorbidities and said COVID-19 in those cases was "incidental". SCH RMS HMB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries
- Commercial LPG prices hiked by ₹209 across India
- The phenomenon behind tumultuous prices