Cases against 250 tribals for holding protest amid lockdown
The tribals have been holding sit-in protests outside the tehsil offices in Mokhada, Vasai, Dahanu in the district since the last couple of days, Palghar police spokesperson Sachin Navadkar said.
These protesters, who also included women, also demanded works under the EGS (employment guarantee scheme), he said.Offenses were registered against the protesters in Mokhada, Vasai, Dahanu and some other police stations under IPC sections 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 269 (negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life), the Epidemic Diseases Act, and the National Disaster Management Act, he added. Advertisement
Nobody has been arrested so far, he said.
Similar protests were held in Thane city and the tehsil offices at Shahapur and Murbad in Thane district.At least 150 protesters have been booked for holding the protests at different places in Thane district, a police official said. COR NP NP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best kids umbrellas that make rain or sun more fun
- Air India Express plane crash leaves 16 dead including both pilots with investigative teams on their way
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime