IIT-M unveils Young Research Fellow programme for UG students
The programme provides an one-to-one interaction with IIT faculty members to participate in research.
The students would also benefit personally through a career and life coaching programme concurrently offered by the 1979 alumni, a press release said on Saturday."IIT-Madras has long been known for producing world-class undergraduate students. Advertisement
Today, IIT-M is very much a research intensive university where world-class research is a daily pursuit," IIT Madras Director Bhaskar Ramamurthi said.
"This programme blends these two strengths by giving select undergraduate students an opportunity to discover the excitement of taking up research early," he said.The Young Research Fellow project has been funded by the 1979 batch and it was signed on July 10 by IIT Madras dean (alumni and corporate relations) Mahesh Panchagnula on behalf of the alumni, the release said.
Accordingly, a year-long programme and upto 20 fellowships were planned to be unveiled in the first year.The applicants would be selected by a committee, comprising senior faculty members, the release added. VIJ BN WELCOME VIJ BN WELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service