Nearly 2,000 samples collected for COVID-19 test during serological survey in Delhi on Sunday
As part of the survey, blood samples of 20,000 people will be tested to ascertain the presence of anti-bodies, the Union health ministry has said.
The exercise will be jointly carried out by the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Delhi government till July 10.The survey commenced on Saturday and nearly 600 samples were collected on the first day. Advertisement
According to a government official, 1,947 samples were collected on Sunday.
While in some districts like East and Northeast the survey will start from Monday, in some others, it started on Sunday.Officials said there were some initial hiccups related to coordination and logistics.
There are no major issues but it requires persuasion to convince people to come forward and give their samples for COVID-19 testing, they added.The districts have been given a fixed quota of sample collection, in accordance with various factors including population, the officials said. In Delhi West, the survey commenced on Sunday in two areas -- Paschim Vihar and Paschim Puri -- and will start in full swing in 17 other areas from Monday, an official said, adding that the district has been given a target of collecting 3,000 samples. Advertisement
In Delhi North, 140 samples were collected from Jahangirpuri, Swaroop Nagar and Model town on Sunday.
"We have to collect 1,058 samples. Four teams have been deployed and if needed, more will be formed," a North district official said.A serology (antibody) test is largely used for surveillance among a community. It can be used on those who have already tested positive for COVID-19 or those asymptomatic, and can reveal insights into immunity against the coronavirus. VIT/SLB RC
- India's COVID-19 tally crosses 7 lakh-mark with 22,252 fresh cases, toll rises to 20,160
- Tamil Nadu class 12th board results 2020 expected today, check @tnresults.nic.in
- ONE Championship, Microsoft partner to reinvent digital fan experience
- JioMart, Dunzo, Swiggy and likes want to ride the trust earned by India’s kirana stores during the lockdown
- JioMeet vs Google Meet vs Zoom – Which video calling service should you use?
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lunar Eclipse in India
- Covid-19 Patient
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- IIT Delhi
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July