Odisha COVID-19 death toll mounts to 70 with six more fatalities; 616 new cases detected
Four deaths were reported from Ganjam district, Odisha's coronavirus hotspot, while Khurda and Cuttack accounted for the remaining fatalities, he said.
"Regret to inform the demise of six COVID positive patients while under treatment," the department said in a statement.Many of the deceased were suffering from diabetes, hypertension and other ailments, the official said. Advertisement
Of the 616 fresh cases, 415 were detected among those in quarantine, while 201 are local-contact infections, he said.
Ganjam, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's home district, reported 283 of the fresh cases, followed by Koraput (50) and Nabarangpur (40).Odisha now has 4,896 active cases, while 8,750 people have recovered from the disease so far.
The Health department has tested a total of 3,41,537 samples thus far, the official added. AAM RBT IJT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Air India Express plane crash leaves at least 11 dead as others are rushed to hospitals
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime
- A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s