'Inside Out' sets record for biggest original box office debut; 'Jurassic World' will be fastest to $1 billion
The film's $91.1 million domestic opening weekend makes "Inside Out" the largest debut ever for an original property (a non-sequel and non-sourced work). That surpasses the previous record holder, 2009's "Avatar," which opened with $77 million.
Projections last week had "Inside Out" grossing in the neighborhood of $60 million over the weekend, but thanks to overwhelming critical response and a 51% drop in ticket sales for "Jurassic World," the film is the second biggest Pixar opening. Behind "Toy Story 3," which had an opening weekend of $110.3 million.
But that doesn't mean "Jurassic World" - which had the highest-grossing opening weekend ever last week - didn't do well its second weekend in theaters.
Chuck Zlotnick/Universal Pictures
"Furious 7" currently has the record, taking only 17 days to do it.
"World" will likely do it in 13 days.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction